By Pradeep Ramachandran
Release date – 26th December, 2016.
- Enhancements to TU selection algorithm with early-outs for improved speed; use
- New motion search method SEA (Successive Elimination Algorithm) supported now as :option: –me 4
- Bit-stream optimizations to improve fields in PPS and SPS for bit-rate savings through
- Enabled using VBV constraints when encoding without WPP.
- All param options dumped in SEI packet in bitstream when info selected.
- x265 now supports POWERPC-based systems. Several key functions also have optimized ALTIVEC kernels.
- Options to disable SEI and optional-VUI messages from bitstream made more descriptive.
- New option
--scenecut-biasto enable controlling bias to mark scene-cuts via cli.
- Support mono and mono16 color spaces for y4m input.
--min-cu-sizeof 64 no-longer supported for reasons of visual quality (was crashing earlier anyways.)
- API for CSV now expects version string for better integration of x265 into other applications.
- Several fixes to slice-based encoding.
--log2-max-poc-lsb‘s range limited according to HEVC spec.
- Restrict MVs to within legal boundaries when encoding.