By Pradeep Ramachandran
x265 version 2.1 has been released. Full documentation is available at http://x265.readthedocs.org/en/stable/
Release Notes for 2.1
- Support for qg-size of 8
- Experimental support for slice-parallelism.
- Able to insert non-IDR I-frames at scene changes when encoding with fixed GOP lengths (min-keyint = keyint)
- Encode user-define SEI messages passed in through x265_picture object.
- Disable SEI and VUI messages from the bitstream
- Specify qpmin and qpmax
- Control number of bits to encode POC.
- QP fluctuation fix for first B-frame in mini-GOP for 2-pass encoding with tune-grain.
- Assembly fix for crashes in 32-bit from dct_sse4.
- Threadpool creation fix in windows platform.